Tuesday, June 14, 2011


I thought this picture was helpful for me since I am a visual learner. Maybe it will help some of you. This triangle helps to show the connections and importance of the rhetoric levels.

Something else I noticed as I was trying to find something to post to this blog, is that any time I would search rhetoric of images, denoted images, or anything relating to the Barthes article, was about death or politics. There always seemed to be a negative example of real advertisements and images that people criticize and really try to analyze. It seems that our society focuses on the negatives more than the positives and that people are so critical of each other.Barthes article did not focus on just good at bad, he just analyzed images, and it seems that our society only knows how to analyze images and people in a negative way.

2 comments:

  1. The visual aid was very helpful in understanding just how a message gets across to an audience, conveys meaning, and the credibility of the speaker.
    Your focus on negative criticism also reminded me of the news. It seems that there is no good news anymore, and if there is it is hardly mentioned. I think you're right. Negative images or stories attract attention from the public

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photo is broken, which I could see it :(

    ReplyDelete