Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Rodney King

I decided to blog about Rodney King this week. I was almost 20 when this event occurred in LA, yet can barely recall the specifics. My husband who is a few years older than I could only recall a few facts from the trial.

I found The Trials and Tribulations article very interesting. I can vaguely recall the video being shown on the news and hearing about the riots in LA. Among the many things I learned from the article, I never knew the amateur video did not record the entire event. As horrible an event it was, I found myself wanting to research the event more.

I am sure to many in 1991, it was to be a quick open and shut case, yet it wasn’t. George Holliday, a man awakened by the commotion outside his apartment taped only one and half minutes of the beating. This was surely enough evidence to prove that these LA police officers were all guilty, yet it didn’t. This certainly proves the point made in the article that no image can show intent or motivation.

I found this article interesting and informative. Good pick.

No comments:

Post a Comment